The performance of the hard disk will slow down because of the too much of the data. This will affect overall system performance. The files will scattered all around the different places where it affect the operation of the whole computer. Whenever you read and write on the hard disk some performance is lost, it take more time to access all the parts. You have to take action before the computer will get completely affected so to solve all the problem here in this article i have few tips to increase the speed of the hard disk..
Tips to Increase the Speed Of Hard Disk
Remove duplicate files from hard disk
You must clean up the hard disk, you will see many duplicate files when you enter the disk to your computer which contains many files and many sub-created duplicate files. You might use duplicate file finders such as Duplicate Cleaner., There are many free duplicate cleaners available in the internet will find all sort of duplicate files on your disk. It will find files that have some common content, even if the file names are different.
It is an important step in any hard disk cleaning exercise. Removing all the duplicate files from the hard disk will save the space occupied on the hard disk.
The hard disk always produces many fragment files after using a long period of time. And these fragments will reduce the work effect of hard disk. You are required to close all other applications including the Screen Save. By the way of defragment speeds up the hard disk and improves performance.
- Open My Computer. Right-click the disk that you want to defragment and click Properties.
- Press Tools tab>>Defragment Now
- Then The Disk Defragmenter window will display in the screen. press the Analyze button.
- An analysis of the drive is access it action, and a message appears telling you whether or not you should defragment the drive.
- If the drive needs to be defragmented, press the Defragment button. it will take time to defragment, depending on how badly the drive is fragmented.
- Defragmenting hard disk is really the most important step of this article. This is the actual step that speeds up the hard disk, and improves performance.
There is the default feature to stop hibernation in window XP. It can be shared with others to optimize Windows XP disk performance to switch off hard disk Hibernation mode in Windows XP. There are few steps to access this mode
- Click Start
- Go to Control Panel>>Power Options Properties
- then Click on the Hibernate tab and clear the Enable Hibernation check box
Detect and Repair Disk Errors
It is very easy to detect and remove errors on the disk and the tool is available in the window XP. The tool is available in the Tools tab of the hard disk properties sheet. It offers simple check box options to check for file system errors and recover bad sectors. The error checking tool needs complete access to the disk for its work. If you use your computer daily, you should run this utility once a week to help prevent data loss.
To use error checking utility:
- Go to Start –> My Computer
- Right click on the hard disk or partition that you want to check for errors.
- Click on properties, and then “Tools”.
- Under “Error Checking” click on “Check Now”.
- Then, select “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors”
- Click on Start.